In addition to 4-year-old classes across the county, the Anne Arundel County Public Schools pre-kindergarten program will include seven 3-year-old classes for the first time in the 2022-2023 school year. Parents wishing to apply for their child to attend the Anne Arundel County Public Schools pre-kindergarten program can do so online for schools hosting programs beginning Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Registration for all pre-kindergarten programs is online. For information about preschool programs in AACPS and to apply online, go to www.aacps.org/earlychildhood.
Children enrolling in 3-year pre-kindergarten must be 3 years old on or before September 1, 2022. Children enrolling in 4-year pre-kindergarten must be 4 years old on or by September 1, 2022. The following documents are required when applying and must be uploaded along with the completed online application:
- Proof of identity of the person submitting the documents (must be a legal parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate or birth certificate
- A copy of the student’s vaccination card
- Two proofs of residence (rental or mortgage contract and current service charge statement)
- Custody Order (if applicable)
Public pre-kindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who are income-eligible for pre-kindergarten, are homeless, have an active IEP, or speak a native language other than English. If places remain available, schools may enroll students with other readiness requirements. All families applying for pre-kindergarten must provide proof of income eligibility by submitting one of the following documents:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 Statement), W2 or a C/1099 along with documentation pertaining to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income
- Notarized letter with no income
- Notarized employment contract
- military income
- Current Award Letter for Temporary Cash Benefits
- Proof of unemployment benefits
All families with incomes are also required to submit consecutive payslips for one month.
Each elementary school in AACPS now has an assigned pre-kindergarten location for 4-year-old children. Families can only apply to the daycare center assigned to them. For help locating your assigned pre-kindergarten location, click on the Pre-kindergarten Enrollment Areas document located here.
If you need help locating your assigned school, click the Locate Your School link in the Schools section of the AACPS website www.aacps.org or call 410-439-5683 or the AACPS planning office [email protected]
Families who do not have internet access or need additional help completing an application should contact the school where they wish to enroll their student. School staff can assist families in completing the online application.
Visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ for recommended vaccinations for school starters.
Families with further questions or individual concerns can contact the Anne Arundel County Public Schools Early childhood office at [email protected].
category: Local News, NEWS, Post on FB