Donaire, Casimero participate in the anti-doping program – VADA

0



CEBU CITY, Philippines – The Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) announced that both WBC bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire and his opponent WBO bantamweight champion John Riel “Quadro Alas” Casimero already signed up with their anti-doping program for their unification fight on August 14, 2021.

VADA itself tweeted on Sunday June 27, 2021 that both Casimero and Donaire have signed up for their anti-doping program for their all-Filipino association showdown at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson City, California.

That means both champions undergo random or surprise drug tests that lead to their unification battle.

VADA officially tweeted it a few days after Donaire and Casimero’s camp had a war of words on their social media accounts.

However, Donaire’s wife and head coach Rachel still has serious doubts about Casimero’s compliance with the VADA tests. In her tweets, Rachel stated that Casimero did not provide the necessary documentation to prove that he had been regularly tested for banned substances by VADA.

The President of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Mauricio Sulaiman, already tweeted that the two Filipino world champions have been participating in VADA’s anti-doping program since 2017.

Both Casimero and Donaire Jr. are enrolled in the VADA Clean Boxing Program through March 2022 based on their boxrec.com records.

Meanwhile, MP Promotions’ top honcho, Sean Gibbons, who is also Casimero’s supervisor in his tweet last Sunday, dismissed reports that the unification struggle had been abandoned for “lack of transparency” in VADA’s drug testing program in Casimero’s camp.

Donaire and Casimero’s beef started a day when their all-Filipino association showdown was announced on June 20, 2021.

Casimero accused Donaire Jr. of discrimination when their paths crossed a few years ago at Bones Adams Gym in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Casimero (30-4-0, 21KOs) said in a YouTube video that Donaire allegedly told him to speak English when he asked the latter in Tagalog where they were in the area.

He also accused Donaire of snubbed Filipino boxer Michael Dasmariñas prior to his World Cup bout against Japanese world champion Naoya Inoue earlier this month.

Donaire Jr.’s (41-6-0.27KOs) camp immediately denied this, explaining their side through social media posts from Rachel.

SIMILAR POSTS

Donaire faces Casimero in the association’s showdown on August 14th

Donaire, Casimero camps in the early social media scramble

Casimero, Donaire camps wage war on Twitter

/ dbs

Continue reading

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we believe do not meet our editorial standards.



Share.

Leave A Reply