Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (GvZ) is a non-profit, non-governmental civil society organization that supports the most marginalized and desperate Syrians affected by conflicts in Syria and those displaced to neighboring countries. From the outset, GvZ has believed that its role is to create ways to empower those affected by conflict by developing their skills and reinvigorating their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ offers women, youth and marginalized groups a range of different humanitarian services such as emergency relief, shelter, educational programs and networking with other humanitarian actors to advocate on issues that need to be highlighted as essential.
duties and responsibilities
- Design and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality by managing field worker data collection
- Contribute to the development of new systems, workflows and processes to ensure timely reporting by field staff and the translation officer
- Ensuring the completeness, format, consistency, accuracy and validity of data for use in all reports
- Creation and supervision of the production of high-quality survey reports
- Ingest data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data governance processes
- Upon request, preparation and preparation of reports for other organizational departments
- Directly responsible for translating material on a variety of subjects and providing simultaneous translation and interpretation services for project meetings and events.
- Coordinate the process of translation assessment, translation proofreading, technical review, spot checking and proofreading.
- Organize, coordinate and conduct training for field team members on data collection and reporting tools
- Check and correct all project products
- Track the daily tasks of the project team
- Support project staff performance evaluation
- Work closely with information management staff to ensure accurate and effective data presentation, graphs and maps
knowledge, experience and qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Translation or English or another related field
At least 3-4 years of proven experience in implementing projects in NGOs or UN agencies
Strong coordination skills with proven ability to work in multiple technical areas simultaneously and to support and mentor multiple employees
Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Demonstrate passion and commitment to making a difference in people’s lives.
Must be creative, innovative and curious.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills;
familiarity with humanitarian principles;
· Very good in English and fluent in Arabic (written and oral).
· Very good computer skills.
· Mastery of the Internet and search tools.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
Be honest and trustworthy.
Be respectful and flexible.
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualification are asked to send their CV and a cover letter in English describing how their skills and experience match the requirements of this position to: [email protected] with (GVZ -RT-C01) to send. in the subject of your email.